Folk medicine and old timey home remedies have always been my favorite. Here are a few of them.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Raw, organic apple cider vinegar is amazing. Some of its benefits are:
- Bug bites: Apple cider vinegar woks great for mosquito bites.
- Ear infections: At the first sign of an ear infection, lay on your side and use a dropper to fill the ear canal with apple cider vinegar. Catch it early enough, and one dose is all you need. Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and yeast infections.
- Fungus: Apple cider vinegar applied directly will kill fungal infections on the skin, including athlete’s foot.
- Heartburn: Take a shot. It works!
- Sore throats: Gargle with apple cider vinegar. Mix one part filtered water and one part apple cider vinegar. It will sting and or burn especially if your throat is sore, but it will do the job.
- Vaginal yeast infections: Use in a douche. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of filtered water.
- Zits: Dab on pimples and acne to kill bacteria and restore proper pH to the skin.
Garlic is antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-parasitic. At the first sign of illness, eat garlic raw. For garlic to be effective as a healing agent and general antibiotic, it needs to be raw. It should also be crushed and exposed to air for ten minutes before it’s consumed to fully activate its key germ-killing compound.
- Cold or flu: Taking a daily garlic supplement can reduce your risk of getting a cold and cut down on the length of time you have a cold.
- Fungus: Garlic can be diced up and used to treat fungal skin infections. Garlic’s natural antimicrobial properties make it a good treatment for athlete’s foot, warts and Candida yeast.
- Infection: Chew garlic for any systemic infection. Better yet, use raw garlic often and abundantly in your diet for preventative care. If you cannot stand the taste, get a good garlic pill in either garlic oil or powdered form. Remember fresh is better.
- Burns: Break open a piece of Aloe Vera and rub over a burn.
- Irritated Skin: Spread Aloe Vera over affected skin.
- Superficial Injuries: Cuts, scrapes, bug bites, acne. Spread Aloe Vera over affected area.
Coconut oil is antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial and it is soothing for any skin issues. You can add essential oils to treat nail fungus or to make bug repellent. You can also use it as a deodorant and in many other ways.
- Irritated skin: Every variety of irritated skin will benefit from coconut oil. Great for baby’s diaper rash and rashes in adults as well.
- It can be used as toothpaste: Click here for a home made recipe. HOMEMADE NATURAL FLUORIDE-FREE TOOTHPASTE
- Use for dental oil pulling: Coconut oil is good for the teeth and gums and is reported to whiten the teeth. For additional information on oil pulling click here. OIL PULLING
Ginger is a herb that is used as a spice and also for its therapeutic qualities.
- Cold and Flu Prevention: Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a natural treatment for colds and flu around Asia. Treat cold and flu symptoms in adults by steeping 2 tbsp. of freshly shredded or chopped ginger root in hot water, two to three times a day.
- Migraines: If fresh ginger is taken at the first sign of a migraine, it will stop a migraine before it can take hold. Juice fresh ginger with apples or apples and carrots.
- Nausea: Ginger is a known effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness and morning sickness.
- Reduce Pain and Inflammation: Ginger contains some of the most potent anti-inflammatory fighting substances known and is a natural powerful painkiller.
- Stomach Discomfort: Ginger is ideal in assisting digestion, thereby improving food absorption and avoiding possible stomach ache.
- Strengthens Immunity: Ginger helps improve the immune system. Consuming a little bit ginger a day can help foil potential risk of a stroke by inhibiting fatty deposits from the arteries. It also decreases bacterial infections in the stomach, and helps battle a bad cough and throat irritation.
Various including http://godshealingplants.wordpress.com/