There are many viruses going around all the time, so the important thing is to keep your IMMUNE SYSTEM in excellent shape.
God, in His infinite wisdom, realized that the human physical body He created would come in contact with germs, viruses, bacteria, etc. In order to protect us from these, God built into the human physical body a means of protection. It is called the IMMUNE SYSTEM.
Our IMMUNE SYSTEM is comprised of a unique grouping of cells, designed by God, and given the task of identifying and destroying these foreign invaders before they can do significant harm to the body.
When disease-causing organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi, etc. are detected by the IMMUNE SYSTEM, they are tagged for destruction, and then annihilated by these hungry IMMUNE SYSTEM cells. This can only occur when the IMMUNE SYSTEM is kept strong and healthy and functioning at optimal levels.
It is of vital important we realize that after God had created the human physical body, with a self-protecting IMMUNE SYSTEM built right in that physical body, God had done His part in providing us with a body that would efficiently handle these harmful germs, viruses, bacteria, and even cancers. Now we need to be informed and act on the role we need to play!
WHAT WEEKENS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM?
- Alcohol – Flushes important vitamins and it also converts to sugars in your body. Read the bullet on “refined sugar products” below.
- Chronic stress – Stress produces an adrenaline rush in the fight or flight response. Chronic, prolonged stress suppresses our immunity making us vulnerable.
- Excessive electromagnetic field exposure – Cell phones and wifi’s add stress on the body.
- Gluten – for some it may suppress the immune system even though they may not be gluten intolerant.
- Highly processed foods – Puts added stress on the body. Also, there is usually a high amount of sugar in these processed foods.
- Hydrogenated foods – Overloads the immune system and makes the whole body sluggish.
- Medications – Some prescription and non-prescription drugs are major toxins. Excessive use of antibiotics and cold and fever fighting medications weakens the immune system.
- Refined flour products – Pastas and breads convert to sugar in the body and have similar effects as sugar on the immune system.
- Refined sugar products – Most people know that cookies, cakes, sodas and ice cream are full of sugar but few realize the amount of sugar in cereals (even so-called healthy ones) and condiments like ketchup, barbeque sauce and salad dressings.
- Showering, bathing or swimming in chlorinated water – washes away natural bacteria that naturally protects.
- Smoking – Cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals, all of which are extremely toxic to the body. The more toxic substances in the body the weaker the immune system.
All of the above have a negative impact on the immune system providing a weakened body for viruses to wreak havoc. Refraining from the practice of them allows the body to function at a higher level.
The next step is to ensure we are doing everything we can to reinforce our defenses.
HOW TO BUILD YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Drink water – Dehydration can affect your energy and your sleep as well as the ability to get toxins/waste material out of the body.
- Exercise – The improved blood circulation promotes circulation of antibodies and white blood cells that are important. As little as 20 minutes of walking five days a week can help your immune system perform at its best.
- Important supplementation – supplements like iodine, selenium and garlic help to boost the immune response against viruses. Baking soda is also great to keep your body PH alkaline. Viruses have a hard time living in an alkaline environment, while they thrive in and acidic body.
- Practice weight control – Obesity can lead to a weakened immune system. It can affect the ability of white blood cells to multiply, produce antibodies, and prevent inflammation.
- Probiotics – colonization of friendly bacteria will have a profound effect on immune response. Consider supplementation or consuming fermented vegetables like sauerkraut. Caution – not all supplements are formulated to perform optimally.
- Raw vegetables – When it comes to building a strong immune system, consuming plenty of raw veggies. 10 servings per day is an excellent amount. Loaded with antioxidants and phyto-nutrients, raw vegetables have natural immunity built within. Consuming 10 servings per day may be a daunting task for many but smoothies and juicing make it easy.
- Sleep – Without adequate sleep, the immune system doesn’t get a chance to rebuild, and it will become weak.
- Sunshine exposure – Vitamin D is an important ingredient in building a healthy immune system that can’t be gotten from food. It must come from the sun or through supplementation.
- Vitamin C – Studies have shown that supplementation with vitamin C improves vital components of the human immune system.
Maintaining a strong immune system is relatively easy to accomplish, although it does take a little planning and discipline.
As simple as it may sound we need to also “Wash Our Hands” often to limit the risk of “catching an infectious disease”. It may sounds simple but maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene care is one of the most effective ways of avoiding infection and keeps our immune system strong. The biblical record clearly indicates that diseases are communicable and that the best protection against them is to prevent their spread.
Remember, God gave you a true line of defense. It is up to you to make it as strong as possible!